Friday, July 10, 2009

Graffiti on Canada Post mail boxes

For the last year, I have waited for Canada Post to clean the graffiti from the grey box in front of my house. I assumed they would eventually clean it as part of their standard operaring procedure. Sadly, all the boxes--red and grey--in the area have been vandalized in the same way.

Today, I sent a complaint to Canada Post asking them to clean the grey box in front of my home. I will update this entry when I get a reply and when Canada Post cleans the box.

To make you own complaint, visit https://ssl.postescanada-canadapost.ca/corporate/about/contact_us/customerservice-e.asp#subject.


UPDATE: July 10, 11:08am

Received this confirmation e-mail from Canada Post:

***THIS IS AN AUTOREPLY. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL***
This is to acknowledge receipt of your message to Canada Post. We are currently experiencing a rapid increase in e-mail requests from our customers. This has caused delay in our ability to respond promptly to your request. The average time to respond is now 1-2 business days. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

UPDATE: July 13, 2009, 2:47pm

Received a the following response that Canada Post will look into my complaint. Names blocked to protect the privacy of the Canada Post staff.
Thank you for your message to Canada Post.

I can certainly appreciate your concern and would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I have opened an inquiry, which will be sent to the local depot that is responsible for delivering the mail so that they can look into this concern and take appropriate action. Your customer number is 10708*** and your case number for this inquiry is 7354***.

The depot does not normally follow up with the customer for these types of issues unless they require additional information. Please allow 10 business days for resolution and if you have further concerns, please contact us again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

Josée *******
Customer Service
Canada Post
UPDATE: July 15, 2009

I was astonished to discover this morning that there was no grafitti on the grey Canada Post box outside my house. I was not expecting such quick action. Thanks, Canada Post.

1 comment:

crammer said...

are you trying to cause an even more rapid increase in e-mail requests from their customers?

Share it