Thursday, July 05, 2007

Future Shop celebrates Canada Day in one language

Of course companies market in different ways to different demographics, regions, income earners and so on.

But this Future Shop language selection splash page exposes these crass marketing decisions in plain view.

No mention of Canada on the French side of the page. Only a reference to the July 1 moving day in Quebec. I expect more from a national retailer.

Perhaps on my next visit to Future Shop, I'll pay with money from Game of Life. When I'm asked for Canadian currency, I'll tell them I lost my wallet last week when I moved.


Tell Future Shop what you think of spineless marketing decision:

Phone: 1-800-663-2275
Email: service@futureshop.com
Mail:
Future Shop Canadian Headquarters
Customer Support Dept.
8800 Glenlyon Parkway,
Burnaby, BC V5J 5K3

1 comment:

JonasParker said...

They aren't the only cowards. Remember the "We need more Canada" campaign from Indigo? Probably not, because you're in Quebec.

There was an error in this gadget