Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away

In April, we reported that the popular restaurant Arahova was coming to the Queen Mary Rd., just west of Decarie. Arahova was to become another Greek food option, joining the deliciously inexpensive Amazona not far away on Côte St. Luc Rd.

But alas, the universe is a fickle place and my dream of two chicken-pita options within walking distance died. A sign on the covered up windows of Amazona announces that it has closed its doors forever. I am glad that I got the chance to enjoy a final meal there a few weeks ago. Had I known it was the last one, I would have tried to finish the side order of roasted potatoes.

In the place of Amazona will be Carmine's Tuscan Grill.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Damn. That was one of the best/cheapest takeouts in town. A pikilia for 4 would feed me and a friend for the whole weekend. The owner probably retired, that place has been around for a long time.

Ian said...

Wow, that's weird. Up until my trip a couple of weeks ago, I honestly don't think I had eaten there since I left Montreal in '99. Good timing, or something more sinister...?

There was an error in this gadget