Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Snakes on a Plane movie trailer

In January, I mentioned the hype on the Internet about the upcoming movie Snakes on a Plane. The hype wasn't around the movie itself. (No one had yet seen it.) Rather, it was about the silly name and the fact that Samuel Jackson was in it. Like the All your base are belong to us or Mr. T Ate My Balls phenomena, Snakes on a Plane grew and grew.

Read this:
In recognition of the unprecedented Internet buzz for what had been a minor movie in their 2006 line-up, New Line Cinema ordered five days of additional shooting in early March 2006 (principal photography had wrapped in September 2005). While re-shoots normally imply problems with a film, the producers opted to add new scenes to the film to take the movie from PG-13 into R-rated territory and bring the movie in line with the growing fan expectation.

Among the reported additions is a line that originated as an Internet parody of Samuel L. Jackson's traditional movie persona: "Enough is enough! I've had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!"

Snakes of a Plane opens on August 18, 2006. Here's the trailer. I'll be wearing my t-shirt.

Snakes of a Plane t-shirt
My t-shirt gives me street cred

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget