Friday, May 12, 2006

American Idol shocker

I haven't yet watched my recorded copy of American Idol this week, but the big news is that the favorite to win received the least number of call-in votes and has been eliminated from the singing contest. Now only three singers remain.

This is a shocking outcome. Chris Daughtry is a good rock singer. A kind of Jon Bon Jovi without a woman's haircut and appearances on the West Wing. In fact, the missus picked Daughtry to win the competition a while ago. Most everyone did. (I picked Katharine McPhee. But, in reality, I always assumed Daughtry would win.)

On the one hand, I figure Katharine is a shoe-in with Daughtry gone. But if Daughtry couldn't make it to the final three, then I don't what the heck is happening with the voting. Very unstable situation. I doubt Katharine will get Daughtry's voters. I suspect those voters will move to Taylor Hicks, who is closer to Daughtry's rock styling of singing than anyone else in the competition.

In any event, here is a gratuitous photo of Katharine McPhee. (I just noticed that in addition to Rachel Bilson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Valerie Bertinelli, she also reminds me of Canadian country singer Shania Twain.)

Katharine McPhee

3 comments:

Ian said...

Damn, she's cute. I guess I should start watching this show.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Very Nice Blog! Just thought I'd tell you a website I found where you can make extra cash.
It's not available everywhere, so go to the site and put
in your zipcode to see if you can find something. I found something and make
and extra $900 a month!

http://www.degree-programs-online.info/extramoney.htm

crammer said...

sadly, Daughtry didn't have a chance with the AmIdol audience demographics. I'm quite impressed he made it this far.

There was an error in this gadget