Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Escalator stopped, no problem

An upward escalator I was standing on this afternoon at the metro stopped suddenly. It turns out one does not fly through the air. The forward momentum was minimal and I wasn't holding the railing.

To give you an idea of how little I moved, imagine Commander Riker standing next to his chair on the bridge as the ship jostles around slightly. Have you imagined that? (Nerd.) Well, it was less intense than that. Now go get a girlfriend.

I wanted to add a photo of Riker below to enhance this pretty sucky post. I couldn't find one showing Riker standing at his chair during an attack. But I did find this gem. (Feel free to make jokes in the comments below.)


1 comment:

crammer said...

i'll bet it stopped cuz too many people were standing on the right, causing an imbalance on the bearings or something.

There was an error in this gadget