Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Our roads suck ass

Among the many miseries one endures living in Quebec are poorly maintained roads. Quebecers are the most highly taxed residents in North America. And yet our roads still have that kinda-reminds-me-of-Costa-Rica feel.

I wonder how much drivers spend reparing stuff on cars that probably wouldn't have broken/ripped/bent/shattered if not for Quebec roads.

My sudden interest in pot-holes stems from an incident on Monday evening last on the on-ramp from Sources (south) to the Trans Canada service road (east). Near the start of the long circular road, my rear driver's side tire hit a pot hole. I was driving no more than 40km. But I knew it was bad. I drove another 20 seconds, pulled up next to the Leon's store and had a look. F.




Worst part is I can't sue the bastards. According to CAA:
Since 1993, provincial and municipal governments are not liable for damage to vehicles attributable to the condition of the roads, lack of maintenance or failure to signal a known danger. As a result, obtaining compensation is much more complex.

Even worse, CAA-Quebec isn't even adding pot-hole information to their list. I was nailed by a pot-hole and it's not even pot hole season!

1 comment:

Freefry30 said...

If you vote for Tremblay, I think he said he'll repair a road before 2020.
He's a man with vision.

There was an error in this gadget